The enterprises applying for a guarantee must fulfil the following requirements:
- The entrepreneur(s) must be South African citizens,
- The ownership must be at least 51% black,
- Enterprise proposal must prove to be viable and create sustainable jobs,
- The total guarantee requirement by the enterprise should not exceed 75% of the credit facility required and, not exceed R10m,
- Preference is given to rural, or women, or youth owned enterprises,
- Loans guaranteed to legal entities (e.g. CIPC registered companies, registered cooperatives as opposed to individuals),
- Business must have been in operation for a minimum of 3 years or be attached to a mentor/incubator for the term of the facility guaranteed.
- We provide credit guarantees as collateral to Lending institutions providing credit to SME’s that have sound businesses in need of funding.
- Non-financial support to clients.
- Technical support linkages
- Market linkages